Want to join our 'World Class' team?
We require seasoned, competitive swimmers and staff with exceptional 'little people' skills. We are currently hiring for all positions including: Year-round Swim Instructors, Summer Seasonal Lifeguards, Summer Swim Coaches, and Summer Swim Instructors. All MBSS staff/employees will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Current Job Listings:
Summer Seasonal Lifeguard
We are looking for a Lifeguards to join the Martha Burns Swimming School team! We have seasonal positions (Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend) for our summer locations (all outdoor pools) at the following Country Clubs around the west metro: Medina Golf & Country Club, Golden Valley Country Club and Minneapolis Golf Club.
Under the direction of Pool Director and/or Head Lifeguard, the Lifeguard assists in providing a safe environment for patrons of the pool area; safeguards patrons; maintains order; acts in the event of an emergency and administers first aid when necessary; works as part of a team with other lifeguards; participates in the in-service training program; maintains records as assigned; attends all pool staff meetings; maintains equipment and grounds; uses corrective lenses, if needed, to maintain 20/20 vision when on duty; and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Lifeguard wage is $11.00-15.00/hour, DOE.
- Be 16 years or older to apply.
- Be able to work mornings, afternoons, evenings AND weekends!
- Current Lifeguarding Certification, REQUIRED prior to hire.
- Current (CPR) for Adult and Child, REQUIRED prior to hire.
- Current First Aid Certificate, REQUIRED prior to hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate mature judgment.
- Be in good physical condition.
Summer Assistant Swim Coach
The Assistant Swim Team Coach will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will help our Country Club Swim Team members improve their swimming in the outdoor Country Club Pools. A typical day for an Assistant Swim Team Coach could include working with the Head Swim Team Coach in writing and leading Swim Team Group Workouts. They will assist the Head Swim team Coach in Registering new participants for the GMMO Swim Team as well as help to maintain the cleanliness and order of the Country Club Pool Facilities. Positions available at the following country clubs over the June 1-August 1, 2020 swim season: Golden Valley Country Club, Minneapolis Golf Club and Medina Golf & Country Club.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides competitive swimmers the opportunity to master technique in all four strokes.
- Leads daily practices under the direction of the Head Coach.
- At least 1 year of competitive swimming experience
- CPR/AED certification, REQUIRED!
- Lifeguard certification, preferred!
- Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the club for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to communicate and exchange information with Country Club Members who have inquiries about GMMO Swim Team
- Ability to swim 25 yards/meters without stopping and knowledge of all the swim strokes: freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke.
- Ability to routinely and repetitively bend to lift 20 lbs or less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs.
We are looking for enthusiastic and kid-friendly swim instructors to join the Martha Burns Swimming School team! We have immediate opportunities at our year-round location in Medina & Minnetonka and for Seasonal Summer Swim Instructors at 3 west metro country clubs!
- Paid training $13.00/hour!
- Instructor wage starting at $15.00-$25.00/hour DOE!
IMMEDIATE Opportunities at MEDINA (Afternoon weekdays)
IMMEDIATE Opportunities at MINNETONKA (Morning & Afternoon weekdays)
Monday 9:00-11:30am & 3:30-5:30pm
Wednesday 9:00-11:30am & 3:30-5:30pm
Summer Opportunities at Medina, Golden Valley Country Club, Minneapolis Golf Club and Medina Golf & Country Club:
Monday-Friday mornings, afternoons & evenings! No weekends or holidays over the summer!
Be comfortable interacting with swimmers ages 22 months to Adult. Someone who enjoys working in an environment that is filled with children and the high energy that they possess.
Some swimming ability and knowledge of all the swim strokes: freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke.
How to Apply
- Please download our PDF application for employment.
- Print out and complete application
Hand deliver or mail application to:
Martha Burns Swimming School - Medina
5145 County Road 101 N., Suite 1050
Medina, MN 55340